Recipe by Maïté G.
I have been told that these are Australian cookies. I really like them! I'm posting this recipe foor the World Tour 2005.
Top Review by mumof2terrors
Hi. Yes these are Australian "Cookies". We call them biscuits here in Australia. We cook them all year 'round, but on a special day called Anzac Day April 25th, they are cooked by the truck load. They are really nice if you cook them until they are a light golden brown so they are still chewy in the middle and dipped in a nice cup of tea. I even send my kids to school with them.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 150 g flour
- 225 g sugar
- 3⁄4 cup coconut flakes
- 150 g butter
- 50 ml golden syrup
- 50 ml water, cooking
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven at 150 °C.
- Put the oatmeal, sifted flour, sugar and coconut in a big bowl.
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a pan.
- Mix cooking water and baking soda, mix it with the butter mix and pour over the flour mix. Mix well.
- Make little heaps of dough with two teaspoons on a greased baking tin, leaving enough space between them, as they will get pretty thin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove the cookies from the baking tin right after removing them from the oven.