Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Something different; not tried so the time is just a guesstimate. You need to allow time for the toasted macadamia nuts to cool before cooking them; not sure how long that would take.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- To toast nuts: Put them in an ungreased, shallow baking pan in a single layer. Bake at 325 for 3 - 5 minutes, stirring once halfway through (or just give the pan a good shake). Once you start smelling them or they are a golden brown, take them out of the oven. Don't leave them in the cooking pan; put into another cool pan/plate to cool. Chop them.
- Combine the flour, rolled oats, sugar, coconut and cooled macadamia nuts.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, honey and baking soda. Bring to a boil, then stir in the butter. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then stir into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Place tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheets lined with parchment. Flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Leave a little room between cookies. Bake at 325 for 9 to 12 minutes (perhaps up to 15 min for crunchy). Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks.
Delicious biscuit! I used gluten free all purpose flour but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter. As I made them smaller, I got 48 biscuits. Baking time at 325 degrees was 9 minutes in my oven. Thanks for sharing!
Made for ZWT 8 / Aus/NWZ for the Lively Lemon Lovelies
I am used to making anzac buscuits with golden syrup, so this is a good change. I especially like the nuts and coconut. I think next time I'll try lightly toasting the coconut. The nuts took 10 mintues to cool. Had to bake at 350 for 15 mintues due to altitude. Otherwise, the same. Made exactly 24 cookies. Made for RRR for ZWT5. Thanks for posting!