1/1 Photo of Anzac Biscuits With Macadamia Nuts
1 hr 10 mins
Debbie R.'s Note:
Something different; not tried so the time is just a guesstimate. You need to allow time for the toasted macadamia nuts to cool before cooking them; not sure how long that would take.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To toast nuts: Put them in an ungreased, shallow baking pan in a single layer. Bake at 325 for 3 - 5 minutes, stirring once halfway through (or just give the pan a good shake). Once you start smelling them or they are a golden brown, take them out of the oven. Don't leave them in the cooking pan; put into another cool pan/plate to cool. Chop them.
- 2Combine the flour, rolled oats, sugar, coconut and cooled macadamia nuts.
- 3In a small saucepan, combine the water, honey and baking soda. Bring to a boil, then stir in the butter. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then stir into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
- 4Place tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheets lined with parchment. Flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Leave a little room between cookies. Bake at 325 for 9 to 12 minutes (perhaps up to 15 min for crunchy). Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anzac Biscuits With Macadamia Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 91.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g