Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crunchy biscuit, old aussie favourite.
Make and share this Anzac Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (well packed)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 60 g butter (2oz)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 150 degree celsius.
- Grease 2 biscuit trays.
- Sift flour into bowl, mix in coconut, sugar and oats.
- Melt butter and syrup in small saucepan over a low heat.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda and boiling water together, add to butter and syrup mixture. Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients, combining well.
- Place 16 teaspoons of mixture onto each tray, placing 3cm apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave on tray until cold (will firm up as they cool).
- Store in an airtight container.
This was the first time I made Anzac Biscuits and it's not going to be the last time, I normally buy them ready made. These Anzac Biscuits tasted wonderful and Little Miss (DD) finished a whole tray on her own. (Normally I wouldn't allow that but she's been really off her food so I didn't mind) Thank you Chef Pott for a wonderful recipe and for the easy instructions.
Not giving these stars just yet, as mine did not turn out. They came out flat and burnt. I'm wondering if humidity or baking soda is the culprit? I checked Perth's altitude in relation to mine and we're about the same, so I can't figure out why I'm Anzac Biscuit challenged! I will try these again until I figure it out! Thanks, I'mPat, for a terrific recipe and the patience to go with it! Made for the Aussie NZ Make My Recipe Tag Game.
*Fantastic* little cookie. If you love crispy-crunchy-buttery, these are for YOU. Like others, the mixture was a little dry, so I added an extra tbsp of butter. Worked well. I ended up with 38 of the little darlings. What a perfect treat, and inexpensive too. Can't beat that. Made for the Auzzie/NZ Recipe Swap #24