Recipe by I'mPat
Crunchy biscuit, old aussie favourite.
Top Review by Chef floWer
This was the first time I made Anzac Biscuits and it's not going to be the last time, I normally buy them ready made. These Anzac Biscuits tasted wonderful and Little Miss (DD) finished a whole tray on her own. (Normally I wouldn't allow that but she's been really off her food so I didn't mind) Thank you Chef Pott for a wonderful recipe and for the easy instructions.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (well packed)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 60 g butter (2oz)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons golden syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 150 degree celsius.
- Grease 2 biscuit trays.
- Sift flour into bowl, mix in coconut, sugar and oats.
- Melt butter and syrup in small saucepan over a low heat.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda and boiling water together, add to butter and syrup mixture. Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients, combining well.
- Place 16 teaspoons of mixture onto each tray, placing 3cm apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave on tray until cold (will firm up as they cool).
- Store in an airtight container.