Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and classic. The mixture will seem dry, but they bind as they bake.
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 50 g butter, melted
- 3 -4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180º (350º).
- Mix together flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.
- Stir in melted butter and 2 tablespoons of syrup.
- Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water and add.
- Mix in the rest of the golden syrup.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto greased or lined trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- To make the biscuits crispy, remove from oven after 4 minutes and flatten them down gently with the back of a spoon. Return to oven for another 11 minutes, or until golden.
A good classic Anzac biscuit recipe. Nice and reliable. If you have a convection oven you will need to reduce the cooking time to about 10 minutes. 15 minutes is a tad overdone - very edible but a bit dark!