Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Small Anzac biscuits sandwiched together with Nutella. Sandwich together on day of eating or the biscuits may go soft. A variation on the traditional Anzac. You can use this recipe to make traditional Anzac Biscuits too
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C Line 2 baking trays with Glad Bake or similar quality baking paper .
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut. Set aside.
- In a small pan, combine butter and golden syrup. Stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes until melted.
- In a small jug, combine water and bicarbonate of soda. Stir into butter mixture. Pour into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Arrange on prepared trays, leaving a 4cm space between each biscuit to allow for spreading. Press lightly to flatten.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. You will need to re-use the trays to continue baking.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Cool, then sandwich together with the Nutella.