Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Small Anzac biscuits sandwiched together with Nutella. Sandwich together on day of eating or the biscuits may go soft. A variation on the traditional Anzac. You can use this recipe to make traditional Anzac Biscuits too
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C Line 2 baking trays with Glad Bake or similar quality baking paper .
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut. Set aside.
- In a small pan, combine butter and golden syrup. Stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes until melted.
- In a small jug, combine water and bicarbonate of soda. Stir into butter mixture. Pour into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Arrange on prepared trays, leaving a 4cm space between each biscuit to allow for spreading. Press lightly to flatten.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. You will need to re-use the trays to continue baking.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Cool, then sandwich together with the Nutella.