Recipe by Iceland
Originally it was a recipe for Australian cookies which someone Icelandic made healthy and I made it even healthier, so now it is Austrian. Today, when waiting for the first plate getting ready in the oven i realized that my dream of publishing a cookbook could become true one day. i have told myself it could not as i feel not like having invented lots of recipes myself. On the other hand, I change EVERY SINGLE RECIPE I ever look at and try out so that is just about the same as the just give me an idea and some basic input. I am feeling content about this and feel grateful that I realized that.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Loved these tasty little cookies, which I made using the sesame seeds only (instead of a mix of seeds), & another time would love to try them with either the flax or a combo of the two! Anyway, crunchy, tasty, satisfying! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the ZINGO part of ZWT5]
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (or a mixture of those) or 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds (or a mixture of those) or 1⁄2 cup flax seed (or a mixture of those)
- 1⁄2 cup agave syrup
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut fat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients but the water in a food processor. Pour in the water, little at the time to see how the dough is doing. You might need more or less water.
- The dough should not be sticky.
- Roll it out, about 3mm thick.
- Cut out shapes, I made hearts but anything not too small or delicate will work.
- Bake at 180°C for about 15 minutes.