Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Mr. Food. To make appetizer portions, roll the mixture into meatballs instead of patties and serve the meatballs in a warm cranberry sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup dry seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄3 cup boiling chicken broth or 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 teaspoons cranberry sauce or 6 teaspoons cranberry sauce
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the celery and onions and saute‚ until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the stuffing mix, broth, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning; mix well. Let the mixture cool completely, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix in the turkey and parsley. Form into 6 equal-sized patties.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add the patties and brown for 1 minute per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes per side, until the patties are cooked through and spring back when touched.
- Top each patty with a teaspoon of cranberry sauce or cranberry relish for that complete Thanksgiving taste.