Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Get the whole family baking this Easter with the Anytime Sugar Cookies. Grandparents, kids and everyone in-between can help the little ones bake and decorate these cookies, and everyone will enjoy eating the delicious creations.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup becel buttery taste margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel Buttery Taste margarine, 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar and confectioners' sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls, then roll in remaining 1/4 cup (50mL) granulated sugar; arrange on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Flatten each with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden. Cool sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
- Nutrition information and more baking ideas are available at becel.ca.