Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My kids and I love this recipe! Very tasty and the variations are endless! Because this is like pizza; you can add whatever pizza ingredient you love! I add a little brown sugar to the sauce to cut back on acidity and I like to add minced garlic. I received this through a recipe swap in 2000 from Sharon S. Runyan.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 (4 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni (prosage for vegetarians-YUMMY!)
- Brown beef and onion in oil.
- Cook until onion is tender.
- In a bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, garlic and onion powders.
- Mix well and combine with the macaroni and the beef and onion mixture.
- In a 2-quart casserole, layer the meat/macaroni mixture with the shredded cheese and pepperoni; ending with the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Great idea. I added italian seasoning when i was layering it and I think it gave it a good flavor.
This was a hit with my toddler, and with me too. We are vegetarian and used meat substitutes. Very yummy. I'm probably going to try some variations that add vegetables into the mix.