Recipe by ktttrose
Great to bring to a summer BBQ!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
When making this salad, I did make a minor change on the ingredient list (used a Vadalia onion instead of the red one) & then ended up using not quite all the olive oil since we do like these kinds of salad a bit more on the dry side, what with all the moisture in the zucchini, olives & tomatoes! This great tasting salad is now officially on my salad rotation schedule for the warm summer months! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef]
- 1 lb rotini noodles, i like to use some multi- color noodles mixed with regular noodles to add some color (cooked)
- 2 cups broccoli (cut up)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 zucchini (sliced thin and quartered)
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 (8 ounce) can pitted black olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 3 tablespoons sweet basil
- 2 tablespoons salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil (You can use more or less if you want it to be more wet or dry)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to instructions, rinse and let cool.
- Blanche (submerge in boiling water) broccoli and pea pods for 2 minutes, drain and rinse with cool water.
- Add all vegetable to noodles.
- Mix well with dressing and chill overnight.
- You can add or take out vegetable that you want in your pasta salad.