Recipe by kiwidutch
My kids love to have their friends over and make this great holiday snack. We even doubled it and sold it at school for the Science Camp fund raiser bake sale. Needless to say, sold out! COOKS NOTE: Great to package and give out as Christmas gifts. NOTE: this is an adopted recipe and I give full credit to the previous Zaar owner for it's success, I hope it is a recipe that will raise lots of cash for good causes on bake sale tables, everywhere it is made :) Thanks for a keeper!
Top Review by CHERI LYNN L.
We have several family members who will be away at college this fall, and I am planning on sending them "snack mix of the month" while they are gone. This one is definitely going! :) It is a wonderful sweet mix.
- 9 cups toasted corn cereal
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups Nestle Toll House holiday shapes and morsels
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package white chocolate-covered pretzels
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 250°F.
- Grease large roasting pan.
- MIX cereal, popped popcorn and peanuts in large bowl. Pour into prepared pan.
- COMBINE brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, without stirring, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract and baking soda. Pour evenly over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- BAKE 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan, stirring frequently to break apart mixture.
- Stir in Shapes & Morsels and pretzels. Store in airtight container.