Recipe by Abby McPlaid
This recipe is from the Martha Stewart magazine. For a clip art label which can be placed on an 18-ounce oatmeal container go to www.marthastewart.com/cookies-clip-art Cookies can be stored at room temperature for 1 week.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Sift flour, backing powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and 1/2 t salt into a bowl. Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla, then flour mixture. Mix in oats, then raisins.
- 2. Using a 1 1/4 inch ice cream scoop (or 1 T), drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each scoop about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden, about 14 minutes. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.