1/2 Photos of Anytime Ice Cream...super Healthy and Super Delicious!
4 hrs 20 mins
I invented this ice cream when my son was sick and couldn't keep much down. I wanted something delicious and nourishing that tasted like...well...ice cream. This is full of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and protein while being low in sugar to boot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut cream (I use the coconut coffee creamer)
- 1 cup hemp milk
- 2 eggs (pasteurized)
- 1/4 cup Xylitol sweetener (I use Ultimate Sweetener birch sugar)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 40 drops stevia (plain liquid. I used Stevita brand)
- 4 cups spinach, raw
- 3 tablespoons water, kefir grains (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean (scraped)
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup chocolate, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1Whip the eggs until thick, creamy, and foamy. Add xylitol and blend. Add sugar and blend. Add stevia and blend for another minute or two.
- 2In a Vitamix or other high speed blender combine milk, cream, spinach, coconut oil, and kefir grains. Start at a low setting to prevent splatter and then increase to full speed. Blend until totally smooth.
- 3Combine milk mix with eggs and blend well. Add vanilla and vanilla bean (the scraped bits only -- not the pod). Mix until well blended.
- 4Combine gelatin with hot water and dissolve. Continue to stir until the mixture is cooled down a bit. We don't want to cook the eggs in the ice cream mix! Pur gelatin into cream mix and whip or whisk together immediately.
- 5Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions for freezing. I personally own a 2 quart Cuisinart, but there are lots of great ones out there to choose from.
- 6When the ice cream is thick, but not quite finished, add the chocolate and continue to freeze until done. I then put the finished ice cream into insulated ice cream containers to help the ice cream freeze properly and not form ice crystals. Freeze in the freezer for a few hours and you will have nice firm ice cream.
- 7Another obvious variation (since this turns out gree) is to add mint leaves to the milk in the Vitamix or to add mint extract. My son does not like mint ice cream so we did a vanilla base.
- 8Makes 2 quarts or approximately 16 scoops.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anytime Ice Cream...super Healthy and Super Delicious!
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 15.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened coconut cream