Recipe by Kim127
Easy to make and reminds me of cannelloni without the pasta part.
Top Review by Barb G.
Delicious, So good & easy to make. I made 1/2 the recipe for the 2 of us. I had fresh spinach, so I steamed & drained it. Baked it for about 25 minutes it was bubbly and browned. DH said, this is a keeper. Like you said, tasted like Cannelloni without the pasta. Thank you Ginny for sharing this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in skillet; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, onion, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine spinach with cottage cheese and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spoon spinach around edge of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour beef mixture into center.
- Sprinkle cheese over meat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.