Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy to make and reminds me of cannelloni without the pasta part.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown beef in skillet; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, onion, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine spinach with cottage cheese and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spoon spinach around edge of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour beef mixture into center.
- Sprinkle cheese over meat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Delicious, So good & easy to make. I made 1/2 the recipe for the 2 of us. I had fresh spinach, so I steamed & drained it. Baked it for about 25 minutes it was bubbly and browned. DH said, this is a keeper. Like you said, tasted like Cannelloni without the pasta. Thank you Ginny for sharing this recipe.
This is so yummy and easy to make. I was thrilled with how quickly it all came together. I used about 1/2 the amount of cottage cheese and added a bit of parmesan cheese. It was delicious. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for the recipe.
This is SO good! I used an oval baking dish. After baking for 20 minutes, I took it out of the oven and set my broiler to high, without changing the rack level. After it preheated 5 minutes, I set it under the broiler until the cheese was bubbly and browning like I like it. To die for! It really is like cannelloni without the cannelloni! LOL