1/2 Photos of Anything Lo Mein
This is my family's favorite Lo Mein recipe. We love the versatility. Add any veggies or meat you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb linguine (or any long pasta you like)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli floret (optional)
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, halved (optional)
- 1/2 head bok choy, cut
- 1 -1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 -1 1/4 lb shrimp or 1 -1 1/4 lb pork, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1Cook the noodles according to the package directions until just tender. Drain out the water. Rinse the noodles with cold water, drain them well, and then set them aside.
- 2In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Then set the sauce aside.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the ginger for 30 seconds. Then add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and carrots and stir-fry 2 minutes more. Finally, add the broccoli, pea pods, and bok choy. Stir-fry the vegetables for 2 more minutes, then transfer them to a plate.
- 4Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan. Add chicken (or other meat) and stir-fry it until it's no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cooked noodles, vegetables, and sauce. Turn the heat down to medium.
- 5Using two spatulas or wooden spoons, lightly toss the mixture until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anything Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 631.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 23.3 g