Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a multiple stew recipe. You can used almost any combination of the ingredients that you have on hand.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 instant Oxo
- 2 cups meat, choice (see directions)
- 2 cups vegetables (see directions)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning, choice (see directions)
- Saute onion, garlic and green bell pepper till onion is soft.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, and seasoning. Cook for a couple of minutes and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve over potatoes or noodles.
- For pork or chicken I use chicken oxo and for beef or weiners I use beef oxo.
- Meat Choice - 2 cups of cubed cooked meat, i.e. beef, pork, chicken or weiners.
- Vegetable Choice - two cups of any canned or frozen vegetables, in any combination you like.
- Seasoning Choice - 1/2 teaspoons basil and oregano; 1 teaspoons chili powder; 1/2 teaspoons sage and oregano.