Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich chowder that is ready to serve in 30 minutes.It is an easy recipe to double or triple.
- 2 piece skinless dark meat chicken (thighs "or" legs "or" use the cage)
- 1 whole onion
- salt and pepper
- 946.36 ml water
- 2 small onions, diced fine
- 3 potatoes, cut into half inch chunks
- 453.59 g fish fillet, of choice
- 226.79 g shrimp or 226.79 g crab or 226.79 g lobsters or 226.79 g scallops or 226.79 g mussels or 226.79 g clams or 226.79 g oyster
- 2 can evaporated milk
- 29.58 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- Make stock.
- Keep liquid and discard meat and onion.
- Heat liquid and add potatoes.
- Cook gently until tender.
- Add onions and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add fish/seafood gently simmer 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add evaporated milk and butter.
- S& P to taste.
- Serve w/ common crackers or oyster crackers.
- *If you have access to a fish rack and bones, make fish stock in place of chicken.
- add celery and a carrot to this stick along w/ the onion.
I enjoy chowders and found this one very easy to make. I have my own 'recipe' for chicken stock and used that instead. The taste was still wonderful - creamy with tender seafood. As they say in the McDonald's ads in Australia "Mmmmm...". I thoroughly recommend anyone who like seafood to try this recipe.
Superb hearty and warming seafood chowder! Doubled recipe, using 2 lbs pollock fillets, a lb of scallops, and substituted canned chicken broth and clam juice for stock (doubled all other ingredients). Also added two tablespoons dried parsley. Delicious results--thanks!
This is avery good chowder recipe. I didn't make my own stock, instead I used canned (1 can vegetable broth with onions, 1 can low-sodium chicken, and 1 can chicken with garlic and herbs). I also used 1 can of fat-free milk along with 1 can of 2% too help lower the fat. Very tasty and easy to do.