Recipe by Boyz 5
Just like the name says "Anything Goes"! This is a "kid friendly" recipe. They can add what they like, whether it be fresh blueberries, raspberries, raisins or chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or whatever you'd like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into large bowl.
- With your fingers, break brown sugar apart until no lumps remain.
- Whisk to blend ingredients together.
- Break eggs into medium bowl; add milk, oil, orange rind and vanilla.
- Whisk until smooth and no streaks remain.
- With rubber spatula, scrape over dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle with blueberries (or with your choice of fruit or baking chips).
- With wooden spoon, stir together just until only a few streaks of flour remain.
- Using ice cream scoop, fill muffin cups almost full with batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and domed.
- Wearing oven mitts, remove pans from oven to rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Lift muffins out of pans and let cool completely on rack.