1/1 Photo of " Anything Goes" Low-Fat Mushroom Sauce
This tasty low-fat sauce goes great with anything!! From pork chops, to chicken, to pasta, to baked potatoes...it is YUMMY!! I think I got the basis for this recipe from "Light & Tasty" magazine and tweaked it a bit here and there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup additional broth
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (option)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1In large non-stick skillet, sauté mushrooms and garlic in margarine until tender.
- 2Add 1 1/4 cup broth, rosemary, and thyme.
- 3Bring to boil; cook until reduced by two-thirds.
- 4Add 2/3 cup broth, sherry or additional broth, teriyaki, and hot pepper sauce; cook and stir over high heat until mixture is reduced by two-thirds.
- 5Add remaining broth, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 6In bowl, combine milk powder and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until well blended.
- 7Stir milk mixture into sauce.
- 8Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- 9Reduce heat, add cheese, mustard, and oregano.
- 10Stir until cheese is melted.
- 11For vegetarian use the vegetable broth.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Anything Goes" Low-Fat Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 539.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g