Recipe by hollyberry117
The ingredients are for a plain filling. You can put in about any ingredient you would normally like in a calzone, but I personally like to add precooked sweet Italian sausage and a bit of sauteed broccoli. I like to buy my dough already made at my local Publix grocery. Serve it with pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded 6 cheese Italian cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- premade pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together ricotta, shredded cheese, egg, nutmeg, garlic and salt & pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough to a 12" circle.
- Spoon cheese mixture into center of dough, leaving a 1" space on the outside.
- Fold dough in half over cheese mixture.
- Using a fork, seal the dough ends.
- Sprinkle calzone with grated Parmesan.
- Place calzone onto a preheated pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until dough is golden.