Recipe by 2Bleu
This is yummy (and versatile) sauce to use over steaks, chicken, pork chops, veal, etc. You can even try it on seafood, poached eggs, baked potatoes, or even steamed veggies. A lovely accompaniment to just about any dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mushroom (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup broth (chicken beef or veggie depending, or even apple cider)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and black pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 1 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add green onion and saute' until tender, about 1-2 minutes. If desired, add mushrooms and saute' 1 more minute.
- Stir in broth and brandy. Cook about 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced (should coat back of spoon).
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve over just about anything.