Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have been making this cookie for years and years. It started out when a daughter at 9 pm said I forgot to tell you I need 3 dozen cookies for school tomorrow. It is not only an easy recipe but makes so many variations.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely cut
- Sift together flour,baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until you get a smooth pale yellow color.
- Add oil and vanilla then add the flour mixture. Add the nuts.
- Spray a 12 X 16 sided jelly roll pan with vegetable spray and pour in the batter.
- Dust lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake at 300 for 35 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into 1" X 4" bars. You will have 48 cookies ( 4 dozen).
- If you want a soft version this is it but if you want a harder version then place the separated cookies directly on the oven rack and bake again for 5 - 8 minutes watch carefully.
- Also if you want to make variations dip the ends in chocolate bark and more nuts.