Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Give cherries a golden, crunchy cobbler crust with this versatile mix. For a quick gift, put a batch of it-along with a can of pie filling and serving directions-in a decorated bag.
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dry buttermilk, powder
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each cobbler)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare cobbler:Pour butter into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with pie filling. In a bowl, combine 2 cups cobbler mix and water. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over pie filling; spread gently. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
- Note: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup.
Very good! I was making this for a fresh blueberry cobbler and didn't have the buttermilk powder. I used 1/2 milk and 1t vinegar instead. I ended up with enough to make 2.5 more cobblers. Yummy!! Thanks for sharing.
Love this recipe! Also love that you can have it mixed up ahead for whenever you want a good cobbler!! That makes it double good,
Nicely done! I had dry buttermilk powder begging to be used. And I can make as little or as much as I like ( especially nice since there's only the two of us now).I work outside the home and it's great to have a homemade mix to go to on these cold winter evenings when I come home tired from work. You have a home run here! Thanks so much for sharing!