1/1 Photo of Any Night of the Week Chicken, Pasta, and Broccoli
Chicken, pasta and broccoli! This is an easy clean up dish because it just uses the one large skillet and a pot to boil pasta. This weeknight meal also is stock full of ingredients most of you will have in your cupboards! This can be easily adapted and varied with just a few spice changes and more red pepper for heat! Kids always enjoy this as well. Put this quickie together with a crusty sliced bread and a green salad with grape tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil (for cooking)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices (such as basil, thyme, oregano)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 lb pasta (such as mezza rigatoni or shells, uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Heat cooking oil over medium high heat in large skillet with tall sides.
- 2On a plate combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, italian seasonings, chili powder, and seasoning salt.
- 3Wash chicken breasts and dredge in breadcrumb/spice mixture until fully and evenly coated on both sides, adding more breadcrumbs if needed. Place chicken pieces in hot oil and cook on each side 6 minutes or until completely cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside 15 minutes, then chop into bite sized pieces and set aside. Leave drippings in pan for further use.
- 4While chicken is cooking, boil enough water for 1/2 pound pasta and add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the boiling water. Add pasta and cook according to the number of minutes on the box.
- 5While the pasta and chicken are still cooking (separately of course) in a medium bowl mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 6After pasta is al-dente, drain water then add pasta into the bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir until all pasta is coated and set aside.
- 7In the skillet where the chicken cooked, turn it back onto medium high heat, and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chopped onion to hot oil and sauté 4 minutes, stirring often.
- 8Lift skillet away from heat and add white wine. Return to heat and add balsamic vinegar. Stir together and scrape breadcrumbs/drippings from skillet, as the wine will loosen everything up.
- 9Bring to medium high heat and add the cut broccoli. Pan fry for 5 minutes, turning once. In small cup combine 1/4 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until salt is dissolved. Add mixture to broccoli and bring to a quick boil. Turn down to simmer, COVER 5 minutes to steam cook and leave broccoli tender crisp.
- 10Add to the skillet: cut up breaded chicken, and al-dente pasta with olive oil dressing, and toss to coat with pan fried balsamic broccoli.
- 11Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese and toss everything together in skillet! Serve hot and serve immediately with a crusty bread and green salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Any Night of the Week Chicken, Pasta, and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.2
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 196.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: