I found this recipe at Pinchin Your Pennies. I got it from a fellow couponer on . She got it from Tightwad Gazzette. The Goodie is optional as it is useually more expensive. I love this recipe as there are many different casseroles you can make. My family really enjoys this recipe. I find that it is best to preboil the potatoes till fork tender before using them. As for the binder I've used sour cream and creamed soups together before with great success as the casserole is creamy and not dry.
- 1 cup tuna or 1 cup chicken or 1 cup turkey or 1 cup ham or 1 cup seafood
- 1 cup diced celery or 1 cup diced mushrooms or 1 cup peas or 1 cup diced hardboiled egg
- 1 -2 cup thin sliced potatoes or 1 -2 cup cooked noodles or 1 -2 cup cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream, sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream or 1 can soup
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento or 1⁄4 cup olives or 1⁄4 cup almonds or 1⁄4 cup water chestnut
- potato chips or cheese or breadcrumbs
- Mix all the Ingredients together in a bowl.
- If the casserole seems dry add 1/2 cup milk or stock.
- Place into a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes.