Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This sounds like an easy delicious recipe! From a Bowling association cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling or 21 ounces blueberry pie filling or 21 ounces boyenberry pie filling
- For the topping:.
- Combine first five ingredients in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter to make a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until coarse crumbs.
- Add eggs and milk. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spread 1/2 the batter into greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Spoon fruit filling evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle on topping. Bake in preheated 350* oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Not too sweet on the cake part of this recipe, which helps balance the very sweet of the pie filling. Will make this again with a different filling. Thnx for posting, sweetcakes. Made for New Kids on the Block.