Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can use this recipe with any fruit or berry.
- 2 cups fruit
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt margarine in a 8 X 8 pan.
- Mix together sugar, flour, baking powder,salt and milk.
- Spread fruit over batter.
- Do not stir.
- Drizzle with vanilla.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
The flavor of this cobbler was good, but I found that there was too much butter. I would lower the amount to 1/4 cup to avoid a pool of fat at the bottom of the dish. I will try it again with the lower amount of butter.