Recipe by Geniale Genie
You can use any kind of (sweet) liquid to make these - fruit juice, iced tea (or other infusion)... even a smoothie; for a more grown up taste, try some liqueur or coffee. They work up really quickly, are dense and chewy, and are vegan.
Top Review by MacV
Saw this recipe this morning and had to try it right away. I followed recipe exactly (w/ margarine and hazelnut coffee) and it is delicious. But I question the 1" balls and getting 18. I had 28, and only baked them for 20 min. I will be making them again, experimenting w/different liquids and flavors, but they are a very nice not-too-sweet cookie and easy and quick to male! My kind of cookie!
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup liquid, any
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and vanilla with sugar.
- Mix salt and baking powder with flour.
- Incorporate into margarine mixture, alternating with the liquid. If they are too dry, add a little bit of liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet; flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until bottoms are nice and golden.