Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a blending of many recipies and it turned out beautiful and tasty! Loaded with fruit and just enough yogurt cream to satisfy. Any kind of berry can be substituted, and whole fruits, such as apples and pears can also be used but ammount might need to be changed.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups cherries
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (or warmed honey)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For Crust:.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Stir into crumbs.
- Stir in egg white (should be crumbly).
- Press firmly into 9" pie dish.
- Bake at 350 for 9 mins (or until brown).
- For Pie:.
- Turn oven up to 400.
- Combine yogurt, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, flour, salt and brown sugar in bowl.
- Mix well (should be a thin batter).
- If using frozen fruit, allow to partially thaw, then poor out extra juices.
- Arrange fruit on bottom of pie crust
- Poor batter over fruit.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat back to 350.
- Bake 30 minutes.