Recipe by sofie-a-toast
My boyfriend made this creation up for me one night - yummy! This is a good vegetarian main or a side - even a filling for burritos!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 (7 ounce) packetinstant Spanish rice
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- cook spanish rice according to package directions.
- saute the onion and garlic in oil in a large, oven-proof skillet.
- Add the spices, lime, beans, and tomatoes and saute until heated.
- Stir in the cooked rice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on the top and place the skillet into the oven. Broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.