1/1 Photo of Anuj's Skillet Cheesy Beans and Rice
My boyfriend made this creation up for me one night - yummy! This is a good vegetarian main or a side - even a filling for burritos!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 (7 ounce) packet instant Spanish rice
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1cook spanish rice according to package directions.
- 2saute the onion and garlic in oil in a large, oven-proof skillet.
- 3Add the spices, lime, beans, and tomatoes and saute until heated.
- 4Stir in the cooked rice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Sprinkle a layer of cheese on the top and place the skillet into the oven. Broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anuj's Skillet Cheesy Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: