Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For our 5 year olds lunch box for either snack time or lunch for his first year at kindergarten that are reasonably healthy but will bring a smile to his face when he finds them. Snacks cannot have peanuts or peanut butter this year. This recipe would also be good for long car trips.
- 8 celery ribs, each cut into 3 pieces (3 to 4 inches each)
- 8 ounces cheesecake cream cheese spread or 8 ounces cream cheese spread
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup yogurt covered raisins
- Fill celery with cream cheese spread and smooth with knife.
- Add a row of raisins for the "ants.".
I made up a batch of these for school lunch boxes. They are very good! We like these better than the ones with the peanut butter.
Yum, yum, yum. I'm a teacher and I loved this in my lunchbox today. I used garden vegetable cream cheese and omitted the raisins, but it still was a tasty snack. I've had celery with peanut butter before but never cream cheese - great idea! Thanks for sharing.
We used to eat these growing up, it was my favorite way to eat celery. Sometimes my mom subbed in peanut butter for the cream cheese, and that was pretty good, too!!