Recipe by looneytunesfan
These sweet and salty critters make a welcome addition to any picnic.
Top Review by MA HIKER
What fun! My ten year old & two of her friends crafted these clever treats on a school vacation day. They probably would have turned out prettier with more mature hands but they had lots of fun! Delicious too!
- 12 chocolate covered malted milk balls
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 pretzel sticks
- chow mein noodles
- 8 mini chocolate chips
- black shoestring licorice
Directions See How It's Made
- With a butter knife, scrape a flat spot on the bottoms of 12 chocolate covered malt balls.
- Place the chocolate chips in a shallow microwave safe bowl, microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Set the four pretzel rods on a wire cooling rack to keep them from rolling. Place a piece of waxed paper under the rack to collect any drips, then drizzle on the melted chocolate.
- Before the chocolate sets, press three malt balls, flat side down, on each pretzel to create an ant's body. For legs, dip the ends of six crunchy chow mein noodles into the chocolate and stick them on the pretzel. Use more chocolate to attach mini chocolate chips for eyes and snipped licorice antennae.