Recipe by littleturtle
This is an incredibly easy, tasty and inexpensive dish. The name comes from the ground pork looking like ants mixed in with the vermicelli which looks like tree branches.
- 2 ounces vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb pork (pork is more traditional) or 1⁄2 lb beef, minced (pork is more traditional)
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the vermicelli in enough boiling water to cover it.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Divide into thirds.
- Set Aside.
- Heat oil in wok to 400°F.
- Stir Fry the meat in the oil for about 1 minute (May be prepared in advance to this point).
- Add vermicelli, and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.