Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this yet,but our co-worker brought in this dip and everyone ranted and raved about it so I figured I'd post it and see what ya think.
- 1⁄4 lb hard salami, slices
- 1⁄4 lb deli ham, slices
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese, slices
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup Wishbone Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1 loaf artisan style bread
- Chop the hard salami, ham, provolone tomatoes, lettuce and onions into small bite-size pieces.
- Add the Italian dressing, mayonnaise, garlic powder, oregano, and salt and pepper (to taste) and stir together. Set aside.
- Cut out the center of an artisan style loaf of bread-cubing the reserved bread into pieces to dip (do not cut through to the bottom, make a "bread bowl").
- Pour in hoagie mixture and serve with bread cubes.
Absolutely awesome! We sure enjoyed this dip this weekend. It was easy to make and most excellent to serve for parties or just something to nibble on watching tv at home. I served it with bread pieces and Keeber club crackers. I also added a touch of accent seasoning and dillweed and I used just alittle more mayonnaise than what is called for. This dip will be made again real soon I am most certain! :) Thanks for sharing this great hoagie dip!
This was pretty good, quite a different dip for me. I prepared as directed by the recipe and it was so quick and easy, definitely a plus for me. While not my favorite flavor, it was definitely enjoyed by others. I am pretty sure I will be asked to prepare this again. Thanks mamacancook!
I make a dip almost exactly like this, but omit the mayo and use Kraft Tuscan House dressing. Everyone raves about it and if I don't know up with it, they hound me to bring it next time! I serve with something different everytime - french bread slices, Scoops, or kettle cooked potato chips. Leftovers are great for a sandwich the next day :)