Chef #330653's Note:
I love quick snacks that I can make on the go that still look elegant and as if they took a bit of effort to make. I also love Mexican food that isn't followed by a lengthy, uncomfortable visit to the washroom. So here is a really simple, scrumptious recipe combining the aforementioned clauses. This is also a nice thing to serve as an appetizer at any dinner party. Can substitute cayenne pepper for diced/minced jalapeno peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F (Note, you can set the oven to a higher temperature but 375 usually allows all the ingredients to blend better for a more tasty result).
- 2Spread cream cheese on the spinach tortilla(s) until entirely covered. To cut down on spill while eating, leave at least 1cm of the outer edge clean of cream cheese. You can adjust how much cream cheese you use based on how you like it but a good guide is to spread just enough that you can no longer see the tortilla under the cream cheese and not over 3mm in thickness.
- 3Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne pepper over all of the cream cheese. ** Use cayenne pepper wisely. The longer it is cooked, the spicier it gets so do not sprinkle too much unless you like it that way.
- 4Roll up the tortilla and put in the oven. Cook time is about 7-10 minutes or until tortilla starts to brown.
- 5Cut tortilla roll into slices with thickness of about 3cm or so.
- 6Serve immediately with salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole as desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antojitos (Incredibly Simple)
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.5
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 127.6 mg
- Sodium 343.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: