Recipe by Pesto lover
With the four kinds of cheese, this onion soup sounds fantastic! I can't wait to try it. This recipe is from Antoine's Cookbook.
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 4 cups onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 quarts beef stock
- white pepper
- 6 pieces toast, trimmed of crust
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup American cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large soup pot and cook onions until they are golden brown.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer soup gently for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all cheeses together.
- Ladle soup into 6 bowls that can go under a broiler, and float one piece of toast in each.
- Sprinkle toasts with the cheese mixture.
- Place bowls under broiler until cheese melts and begins to brown.