Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
With the four kinds of cheese, this onion soup sounds fantastic! I can't wait to try it. This recipe is from Antoine's Cookbook.
- Melt butter in large soup pot and cook onions until they are golden brown.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer soup gently for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all cheeses together.
- Ladle soup into 6 bowls that can go under a broiler, and float one piece of toast in each.
- Sprinkle toasts with the cheese mixture.
- Place bowls under broiler until cheese melts and begins to brown.
I love a good onion soup and this one isn't good, it's great!! The mixture of cheeses on the top oh so good!! Thanks for posting!