Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy appetizer I found in a wegmans magazine!
Make and share this Antipasto With Provolone recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons stone ground whole grain mustard
- 1⁄2 baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick about 20 to 25 slices
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, slice thin 20 to 25 slices
- 1⁄4 provolone cheese, shaved
- basil leaves, chiffoned
- sliced tomatoes
- Combine marmalde and mustard.
- Spread on slices of bread, and top with salami and cheese.
- Garnish with a couple of strands of basil.
I must admit the flavours of this were interesting, the marmalade and whole grain mustard giving a sort of sweet & sour flavour. I got varying comments - 5 different ones but the main thing is everyone liked it.
Made this as a panini instead of an appetizer - loved the mix of salami, cheese and basil!! Would put a little less marmalade next time as it was a bit too sweet (I realize now that I should have lowered the amount of marmalade as I only made 2 sandwiches!!) - but will be making again as we loved it!! Thanks Rita! :)