24 hrs 20 mins
A slightly different antipasto, very tasty. Serve with crackers or as a side dish. I prefer to marinade it overnight and use fresh new potatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes (you can substitute canned but they are not as good)
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin strips 1 inch long
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup ripe sliced olive
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons crushed dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut into 1-inch sticks
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 2 ounces thin sliced salami (optional)
- 1Cook potatoes, in lightly salted water, until almost tender (about 18 minutes), add carrots during last three minutes.
- 2Drain and cool slightly.
- 3Quarter the potatoes.
- 4In a large Ziplock bag or a large bowl combine the potatoes, carrots, brocolli and olives; set aside.
- 6Combine oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, thyme and red pepper.
- 7Whisk until well mixed.
- 8Pour 3/4 of the marinade over the vegetable mixture close bag (cover bowl) and place in refrigerator.
- 9In another bag put in the cheese and pour the remaining marinade over the cheese, seal bag and refrigerate.
- 10Chill both bags for 4-24 hours, turn a few times to evenly coat the contents.
- 11To Serve, line the serving plate with leaf lettuce.
- 12Using a slotted spoon transfer veggies to the platter.
- 13If using salami fold into quarters and arrange on the platter.
- 14Arrange cheese on the platter, you can sprinkle it over or place it in an artistic arrangement through the veggies.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto With New Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Sodium 179.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar