Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Simple and easy antipasto with marinated mushrooms--great for parties or a start to an Italian dinner.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 garlic clove, slightly crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces prosciutto or 4 ounces cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 8 ounces hard salami, thinly sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained
- lettuce leaf, for garnish
- fresh basil leaf, for garnish
- chives (to garnish)
- Prepare Marinated Mushrooms; set aside. Combine vinegar, dried basil, oregano and black pepper in small bowl. Add oil; whisk until well blended. Add mozzarella cubes; stir to coat. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Drain mozzarella cubes, reserving marinade. Wrap 1/2 of prosciutto slices around provolone sticks; roll up remaining slices separately. Arrange mozzarella cubes, prosciutto-wrapped provolone sticks, prosciutto rolls, Marinated Mushrooms, pepperoncini, salami, artichoke hearts and olives on large platter lined with lettuce, if desired. Drizzle reserved marinade over pepperoncini, artichoke hearts and olives. Garnish, if desired. Serve with small forks or toothpicks.
- MARINATED MUSHROOM DIRECTIONS: Combine lemon juice, parsley, salt, tarragon, garlic and pepper in medium bowl. Add oil; whisk until well blended. Add mushrooms; stir to coat. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Drain mushrooms; reserve marinade for dressing, if desired.