Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A full, thick, hearty sandwich. Should refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 1 loaf unsliced Italian bread (1 lb.)
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced salami
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top leaving a 1 1/2 inch shell and throw away bread crumbs.
- Turn bread top over so hollowed out portion is facing upward; layer with olives, artichokes, red peppers, cheese and salami.
- Replace bread bottom.
- Wrap the sandwich tightly in saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a cruet jar, add remaining ingredients; secure lid and shake well to mix; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut sub into slices; serve with dressing.