Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Spanish-Mediterranean vegetable salad is healthy, light, and great for the summer months.
- 3 cups navy beans, cooked and drained
- 2⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced (fresh or roasted or canned)
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 -2 teaspoon mint leaf, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Combine all vegetable and herb ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
- Toss with the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate several hours, mixing occasionally to blend flavors.
Really great main dish salad. Made a few changes because I just can't leave well enough alone. Used Fava beans and Chick peas rather than navy - just cuz they are fun. Other than that, served it with Ciabatta for a wonderful summer meal. Awesome!!!!!
Very good main dish salad. So quick and easy to make.
I made this last night and, even though I'm not really nuts about dry beans, it made the most delicious lunch today. I added tomatoes because I had tomatoes from my garden and I used a mix of white beans, black beans, and red beans because that's what I had available. It was good wrapped in a tortilla and it was good straight from the bowl on a spoon.