Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These marinated vegetables are so versatile. You can use the spread on crackers or hot french bread slices, or as a savory sandwich filling with fresh tomatoes, and lettuce. Place a teaspoonfull on endive spears, celery sticks, or artichoke bottoms to make beautiful appetizers.
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) canripe olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients, mixing well; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir.
- Place in a large jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake jar to stir ingredients; refrigerate overnight.
- Serve on hot crusty bread or crackers.
- Place a teaspoonfull on endive spears, celery sticks, or artichoke bottoms to make beautiful appetizers.
Made this for an office get together and it was hit,just about everyone asked for the recipe. I used 1/2 vidalla onion and 1 clove of garlic in place of the onion powder and garlic salt.
I didn`t use jar pimento stuffed, and used onion powder instead of onion salt,skipped the salt, 1 teaspoon seasoning salt,and used garlic powder instead of 1 teaspoon garlic salt. With all the canned and jarred stuff I nkew the salt content would be high. I also cut down on the vinegar to half a cup. It came out so very good. I tasted it as soon as I mixed the dressing in and after it chilled. So GOOD! Thanks for a recipe that I WILL be making again and agian.