Recipe by Geema
These marinated vegetables are so versatile. You can use the spread on crackers or hot french bread slices, or as a savory sandwich filling with fresh tomatoes, and lettuce. Place a teaspoonfull on endive spears, celery sticks, or artichoke bottoms to make beautiful appetizers.
Top Review by JennS
Made this for an office get together and it was hit,just about everyone asked for the recipe. I used 1/2 vidalla onion and 1 clove of garlic in place of the onion powder and garlic salt.
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) canripe olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients, mixing well; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and stir.
- Place in a large jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake jar to stir ingredients; refrigerate overnight.
- Serve on hot crusty bread or crackers.
- Place a teaspoonfull on endive spears, celery sticks, or artichoke bottoms to make beautiful appetizers.