Recipe by kiwidutch
I love to make this when we have BBQ's in the summer. Super easy to make, and really good on those hot days when you don't want to fire up the kitchen. COOKS NOTES: Be creative! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
Top Review by Nikoma
Made these for a light, no cook dinner tonight! Used vegetarian pepperoni and blue cheese stuffed green olives (yum). And used the baby onions that come frozen. Made double the recipe and did half as written and half with Italian dressing. I like the dressing given here better. These would indeed be great for picnics. Be careful not to overcook your tortellini! Thanks for this great idea kiwidutch!
- 12 slice hard salami, folded into a triangle
- 12 slice of deli pepperoni, folded into a triangle
- 12 provolone cheese cubes
- 12 black olives
- 12 green olives
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 red onions, sliced into triangle
- 453.59 g fresh spinach tortellini or 453.59 g other durable pasta
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml basil
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients together and mix in a small bowl or jar.
- Cook tortellini as directed, drain and cool.
- Thread skewers with alternating ingredients, or as you prefer.
- Place the skewers in a large Tupperware container and pour the dressing over them and let them marinade overnight or at least for several hours, shaking them up often.
- If desired, drizzle a little vinegar before serving depending upon how much dressing was absorbed.