Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
I love to make this when we have BBQ's in the summer. Super easy to make, and really good on those hot days when you don't want to fire up the kitchen. COOKS NOTES: Be creative! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 12 slices hard salami, folded into a triangle
- 12 slices of deli pepperoni, folded into a triangle
- 12 provolone cheese cubes
- 12 black olives
- 12 green olives
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 red onions, sliced into triangle
- 1 lb fresh spinach tortellini or 1 lb other durable pasta
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mix dressing ingredients together and mix in a small bowl or jar.
- Cook tortellini as directed, drain and cool.
- Thread skewers with alternating ingredients, or as you prefer.
- Place the skewers in a large Tupperware container and pour the dressing over them and let them marinade overnight or at least for several hours, shaking them up often.
- If desired, drizzle a little vinegar before serving depending upon how much dressing was absorbed.
Made these for a light, no cook dinner tonight! Used vegetarian pepperoni and blue cheese stuffed green olives (yum). And used the baby onions that come frozen. Made double the recipe and did half as written and half with Italian dressing. I like the dressing given here better. These would indeed be great for picnics. Be careful not to overcook your tortellini! Thanks for this great idea kiwidutch!
kiwidutch there's nothing else to say. These are in fact easy and perfect for picnics. They make a great appetizer or light meal. I used two kinds of cheese and a premade dressing. Next time I'll try the dressing. Thanks! Made for ZWT4.
I have been making this for years minus the onions and the green olives. I like to use decorative skewers with foil tassels on one end. I marinate the ingredients before I skewer them. This is always a hit.