Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from a magazine article on light meals.
Make and share this Antipasto Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 200 g halloumi cheese, cut into 2cm pieces
- 280 g marinated artichoke hearts, drained, halved
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 baby eggplants, thickly sliced
- cooking spray
- pesto sauce, to serve
- Thread sausage, haloumi, artichoke, onion and eggplant onto 8 pre soaked skewers.
- Spray with cooking oil.
- Pre heat bbq to moderate.
- Cook, turning skewers 7 - 10 minutes until browned.
- Serve with pesto and pita bread.
Simple, fresh, & delicious. They were easy to thread & I prepared in minutes on a contact grill. I added red pepper to the skewers simply because I had one needing a home & used olive oil spray. The pesto was nice as a side. Served with rice, salad, and melon for a summer evening.