A perfect picnic sandwich. Easy to do the night before and refrigerate until ready to go. The flavors just melt together into one wonderful sensation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the bread horizontally into 5 slices.
- 2Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on your work surface, the place the bottom layer of bread in the center.
- 3Spread with a thin coat of mayonnaise (all layers will get a thin coat- this keeps the bread from getting soaked with juices), 1/2 the romaine, the roasted red peppers and the onion.
- 4Add the next slice of bread, coat with mayonnaise, then all the provolone and salami.
- 5Add the next slice, coat with mayo, then the remaining romaine, and the mortadella.
- 6Next slice, mayo, tomato, coppa.
- 7Top with the last slice of bread, press down on the sandwich lightly with your hands.
- 8Wrap very tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably 3-4.
- 9Slice and serve with the olives and pepperoncini.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 1499.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: