Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A perfect picnic sandwich. Easy to do the night before and refrigerate until ready to go. The flavors just melt together into one wonderful sensation.
- 1 round loaf Italian bread
- 10 leaves romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup roasted red pepper
- 10 thin slices sweet onions
- 9 thin slices provolone cheese
- 10 thin slices italian salami
- 6 slices mortadella
- 11 slices coppa salami
- 12 slices tomatoes
- green olives
- black olives
- pepperoncini pepper
- Cut the bread horizontally into 5 slices.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on your work surface, the place the bottom layer of bread in the center.
- Spread with a thin coat of mayonnaise (all layers will get a thin coat- this keeps the bread from getting soaked with juices), 1/2 the romaine, the roasted red peppers and the onion.
- Add the next slice of bread, coat with mayonnaise, then all the provolone and salami.
- Add the next slice, coat with mayo, then the remaining romaine, and the mortadella.
- Next slice, mayo, tomato, coppa.
- Top with the last slice of bread, press down on the sandwich lightly with your hands.
- Wrap very tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably 3-4.
- Slice and serve with the olives and pepperoncini.
Sounds marvelous!!! I wish I could try this. Maybe after a few more pounds!