Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I make this the night before I want to serve it and refrigerate. The seasonings get to mix/mingle that way. Makes for a more robust flavor.
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place in a large salad bowl.
- Add the next 12 ingredients; mix well.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, shake oil and lemon juice.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Stir before serving.
I made this as a side so didn't use the pasta or the pepperoni. I made it in the morning and we had it for dinner. The assortment of spices gives this a very nice flavor. The basil stands out. We really loved the garbanzo beans. I'm making this again with the pasta and pepperoni, to serve as a luncheon to some friends next week. Thanks for a delicious recipe, Nurse Di!
I made this to take to a cook-out yesterday. What a hit. The salad is full of herbs and spices and that is what makes it taste so good. I made this the night before, put in the frig overnight and we were ready to go. Thanks Nurse Di.
This is sooooooo good. Thank u for a wonderful recipe. I left the pepperoni out, and served it w/soup. Me and my hubbie both luved it. I did leave it to mariante for 24hrs, which might hv been too long. I think when I was making it (and eating it) it tasted better. 24hrs. later it had lost a lot of moisture. I think 2-3hrs marination should be sufficient next time I make it-which will be very soon! Great recipe, and sooooo easy!