Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a wonderful salad given to me by my mother-in-law. It is great to bring to dinners and never lasts long. (The cook time is the minimum marinade time).
- 1 cup blanched carrot, sliced
- 1 cup blanched cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted ripe black olives (you can add green, too, if you like, about 1 can)
- 1 cup button mushroom (or fresh mushrooms, sauteed beforehand, about two small cans)
- 1 green pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 cup artichoke heart (about 1 can)
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cup olive oil (I usually use about 1/2 or 3/4 c)
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 (1/4 cup) package Good Seasons garlic and herb seasoning mix
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- Combine vegetables.
- In separate bowl, combine liquid ingredients.
- Marinate vegetables in liquid for at least 6 or 7 hours.
- This salad can be made 1 or 2 days in advance.
- You may also include shrimp or tuna to make this salad more of a main dish.